We, the delegate body of the Kansas Farmers Union Convention, believe passage of a sound and meaningful farm bill is the most pressing issue before the United States Congress. Food security for all consumers is the most basic of freedoms.
We also believe maintaining an economic and community structure that encourages production of a safe and stable supply of the necessities of life is the foundation of a thoughtful, intelligent society, with a vision of an enduring future.
We support the following:
- Full funding and inclusion of the supplemental nutrition assistance program (snap) in the farm bill
- A strong and seamless safety net for our farmers and ranchers
- Full funding of conservation programs
- Renewable energy from the farm and ranch
- Full funding of rural development programs, including regional food system programs
- Strong support for maintaining permanent farm law
All of America deserves a comprehensive and visionary farm bill. Today.