Getting Started with Grazing
September 23, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm| $60
$60 | after 9.14 $75
If you’re ready to change your operation from letting cows manage your business to you being in charge, this Beginner’s Grazing School is just for you. All the basic concepts of Management-intensive Grazing will be covered here. Understanding how to model your livestock farm or ranch on natural principles will insure you are working with nature and not against nature.
Almost all of the high costs of ranching today are due to fighting nature, not embracing nature. Sunshine, water, and minerals are all it takes to create meat, milk, and fiber. – Jim Gerrish
- Understanding stock rate, carrying capacity and stock density
- Grazing management based on four ecosystem processes:
1) capturing more solar energy on every acre
2) creating a more effective water cycle
3) building more dynamic mineral cycles
4) why biodiversity matters and planning for year-around grazing.
Lodging: A block of rooms is being held at a special discount until September 14. Call the Ambassador Hotel at 785-833-2079 and ask for the Amazing Grazing room rate of $69 plus tax.